The Vinos de Chile trade organization was founded in April 2007 to unite the Chilean wine industry by joining the two previously existing organizations, Viñas de Chile and ChiledVid. Wines of Chile is the international branch of Vinos de Chile.
Vinos de Chile was created with the following goals:
- Strengthen and expand the Chilean wine industry by participating in analyzing and drafting governmental policies on development, promotion, free trade agreements, and regulations.
- Promote Chilean wine at home and abroad.
- Promote and communicate research and development on new technologies and processes throughout the entire industry chain.
- Provide a point of interaction for the members and orient them in the different aspects of the business without affecting their own identities.
- Improve the skills of the industry’s work force through training and social benefits for industry employees.