Viña San Pedro’s foundations were forged in 1865, when brothers Bonifacio and José Gregorio Correa Albano—the fifth generation of their family—acquired pieces of land formerly owned by their ancestors. They began to produce their first wines with local grape varieties, and these were later replaced by noble vines from Southern France and Germany. In effect, they gave birth to viticulture in Curicó Valley.
As their vineyards evolved and the high quality of their wines started to shine through they began to ship to the United States, Canada, Germany, and Japan in 1940.
Following the company’s success abroad, two emblematic wines for this winery were launched onto the market: GatoNegro was born in 1960 and the reserve wine Castillo de Molina was launched around1980.
The 1990’s saw important changes. With a new trade name, Viña San Pedro S.A., the company began to trade stock on the Santiago Stock Exchange and the Chilean Electronic Exchange. In 1994, the company Compañía Cervecerías Unidas S.A. (CCU), bought 48% of Viña San Pedro. Since then, CCU has further invested in the company and currently owns 60.3% of the stock.
Towards the end of the century, the winery carried out a wide-ranging investment project. This allowed it to increase its production, winemaking, and commercial capacity, through new viticulture and bottling equipment, storage capacity, and agricultural estates. On the back of this investment, the company launched its flagship wine, Cabo de Hornos, and leading brand 35°South.
Today, Viña San Pedro is the leading and largest winery in the VSP Wine Group.
San Pedro Brands
Phone: (56-2) 477-5300
Fax: (56-2) 477-5307
Address: Av. Vitacura 4380 piso 6, Vitacura, Santiago - Chile