Viña Leyda was founded in 1997, in San Antonio, place that today is recognized as the last great innovation of the Chilean viticulture. Being pioneers in the Leyda Valley - San Antonio; creating the new Denomination of Origin in May 2002. Traditionally, Leyda Valley has been an area of natural pasture lands and basic crops such as wheat and barley. After evaluating the potential conditions of the area, a crucial investment was made which enabled water to be brought from the Maipo River through an eight kilometer pipeline. Furthermore, a research of the topographic conditions suggested that Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc vines could grow in very good conditions. For that reason, Leyda started planting those vines in 1998 for a total of 80 hectares. Actually, Leyda has planted more vines reaching a total of 190 hectares divided into Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Syrah, Riesling, Sauvignon Gris. 90% of Leyda’s exports are made to more than 40 countries, mainly, North America, Europe and Asia. The remaining 10% stays in Chile.