Wines of Chile is currently hosting its 4th Sommelier Summit, in which it invites a select group of Sommeliers and a Winewriter from the US for a week-long tour of Chile’s wine regions, where they will get to know the country’s landscape, the characteristics, the wines and the people who make them.
The tour always concludes with a seminar for the national wine trade and media. See the Agenda below for the topics to be discussed.
Join us on Wednesday, October 28, in the Hotel W (Isidora Goyenechea 3000, Las Condes, Santiago, across from Plaza Perú).
Register now at: email@example.com
or (56-2) 418-7690
- Opening Remarks, J. Somavía
- Trip Overview, L. Tieszen
- Lessons from the Old World, L. Bartolot
- Educating Sommeliers of Tomorrow, J. Tidwell
- Steakhouse Trends in US, D. O’Day
- US Fish and Seafood Trends, M. Phillips
- Wine 2010: Communicating with the Consumer, V. Stratigos
- The Bristol Barrel: How we connect with consumers about wine, S. Harper
- The Role the Retailer Plays in Educating Consumers, K. Forsaith
- Going to Market at Whole Foods, G. Ryan
The 8 US guests of the 4th Sommelier Summit are:
James Tidwell MS, Wine Educator, Café on the Green at the Four Seasons Resort, Dallas
Geoff Ryan Whole Foods, National Chain, LA
Kevin Frosaith Dragers, Regional high end grocery chain, Northern California
David O’Day Del Frisco Steakhouses, NY
Vajra Stratigos The Group Restaurants, Regional chain, Atlanta
Maxine Phillips Phillips Seafood
Scott Harper MS, CWE Bristol Bar & Grille Inc, Kentucky & Indiana
Lana Bortolot NY Journalist, Tasting Panel Magazine,